Elder Brandon James Parham
Mozambique Maputo Mission
Rua Tenente General Oswaldo Tazama nr. 1429
Bairro Costa do sol, Maputo-Mozambique

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

September 2nd 2013

(To Dad)
Well, this week was very difficult. Finding qualified contacts is pretty easy, but sitting with them is the hard part. This week I got a new companion because my old companion; elder Hall, is now training to be an office elder. My new companion is elder Martins. He is capo verdian. Since my Portuguese still needs a lot of work, it is very hard to understand him. But it is good practice having a native speaker. This week we worked hard on finding people to teach. But we haven't taught a lesson. We mark around 8 lessons a day, but they just keep falling. For this last fast Sunday, I did a special fast for us to get lessons. I know that the Lord will help us. One experience I did have this week was amazing. My companion and I were doing contacting and we noticed a house having a party and we felt prompted to go talk to some of them. An old man that lived there let us teach him. No one else wanted to listen to us. The guy kept on saying that he was Catholic, so usually we would leave, but I felt prompted to give him a book of Mormon. I really don't know why I did that. We would never give someone a book of Mormon unless they are a progressing investigator. Out of the blue I had this inspiration from the spirit. The man accepted the book but he didn't really want to listen to us. I don't know why I gave him the book, but the Lord works in mysterious ways. This week was still a great week, even though we didn't have that much success, we did do our best. As long as we are doing our best, the Lord will provide. I am really good at doing street contacting now. My Portuguese is improving so much through the Lord's help. I love sharing the gospel and I am excited to work hard this week. I also have been working out everyday, so watch out. Haha. Anyways, I love you a lot. I miss you and the family so much. Save some s'mores for me.

Love - Elder Parham 

No comments:

Post a Comment