Elder Brandon James Parham
Mozambique Maputo Mission
Rua Tenente General Oswaldo Tazama nr. 1429
Bairro Costa do sol, Maputo-Mozambique

Monday, July 15, 2013

May 23rd 2013, Friday

Tudo Bem? (How are you?) I love the MTC. Every where I go, I can feel the spirit so strongly.
The MTC is very hard work, but the hard work will definetly pay off when I get to Mozambique. My testimony has also grown a lot. Learning portuguese is hard, but with the spirit so strongly here, I have already learned a lot. I can bare my testimony, say prayers, and get to know someone. I even already have the purpose, first vision, and some scriptures memorized in portuguese. Vi um pilar de luz acima de minha cabeca. Mais briliante que o sol. De descia gradualmente sobre mim. Cuando a luz posou sobre mim. Vi dois personages cujo esplendor e gloria desafiam qualquer descricao. (that is part of the first vision just to give you a taste of the language).
 I really do enjoy my time here and I hope that I can prepare myself to the best extent for Mozambique. Waking up at 6:30 started off a little hard, but now I can wake up without an alaram clock. Gym time is a good stretch after being in a classroom all day.
The pictures that are attached are of my zone (people going to portugal, brazil, mozambique, and cape verde and that is not all of the people going to those places, it is just our zone and there are three other zones for those areas. The last picture is a picture of our portuguese teacher brother Pinho, he is from Brazil). So far, I have seen Elder Gielmann, Sister Wilson, and Sister Chapman (a friend from BYU-Idaho). It is great to see so many people answering the prophet's call to serve the Lord.
I know that this is the only true church on this earth. I know that my father in Heaven loves me and watches out for me. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet today. I know that by being obedient that we can live with our Father in Heaven and our familes once more. I know this through feeling the spirit and prayer. In the Name of Jesus Christ, our Saviour and Redeemer. Amen. Don't forget to send letters and packages. I love you and mom so much and I miss you guys a lot. I can't wait to serve the Lord.
 Love you!
 Love - Elder Parham



No comments:

Post a Comment